- 600g brinjal
- 200g minced pork
- 100g prawns, shelled and chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp hot bean paste (tau pan cheong)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp, or to taste, sugar
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- Thickening (combine):
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp water
- Cut brinjal into 5cm to 6cm lengths and halve each of these sections. Deep-fry brinjal pieces in hot oil for two to three minutes till soft. Remove and drain.
- Heat oil in a kuali and stir-fry pork and prawns until cooked. Remove any excess oil. Add chopped garlic and hot bean paste and stir in wine. Stir-fry for one to two minutes until aromatic.
- Add brinjal and seasoning and stir-fry well. Mix in thickening and toss well to mix. Serve immediately.