Have meatless dishes and only fresh green vegetables to maintain a healthy diet. Here’s a recipe using the pea shoot sprout.
- 150g pea shoot sprout (tau miew)
- 1 ½tbsp dried prawns (coarsely chopped)
- 1tbsp salted fish (ikan mergui, diced)
- 4 thin slices ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Shao Xing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½tsp chicken stock powder
- ¼ tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Rinse and soak pea shoot sprouts for 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Fry salted fish pieces until crispy and fragrant. Dish out and put aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok until hot. Fry ginger and dried prawns until fragrant, then sprinkle in cooking wine. Add fish sauce, sugar, pepper and chicken stock powder followed by pea shoot sprouts. Toss and fry briskly for a minute. Dish out and serve.