- Cut brinjal into slices of 5 x 1.5cm pieces. Soak in salted water. Drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper towels.
- Heat wok with enough oil. Stir-fry brinjal over high heat for 2030 seconds.
- Heat oil and sesame oil in a clay pot. Sauté ginger, garlic and hot bean paste until fragrant. Add in chicken and pre-fried salt fish. Fry for 12 minutes.
- Return brinjal and sauce ingredient to the clay pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until gravy is slightly thick.
- Add a dash of cooking wine before dishing out. Serve with garnishing.
You may also like