- 350g Brussel sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-5 bird´s eye chillies, smashed
- 3 dried chillies, cut into halves
- 1 tsp preserved soya bean bean paste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine (optional)
- Cut Brussel sprouts in half, then blanch in boiling water with a pinch of sugar and a few drops of oil added to it. Dish out and rinse under running tap water. Drain well in a colander.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and sauté garlic, dried chillies and bird´s eye chillies until aromatic. Add preserved soya bean paste and fry well to combine.
- Add Brussels sprouts and seasoning to mix. Toss and fry briskly over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Dish out and serve immediately.