- 500g medium large prawns
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1cm ginger, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 5 bird's eye chillies, chopped
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Shao Hsing wine
- ¼ tsp thick soy sauce
- Shell and devein the prawns. Mix with the egg and cornflour, then scald in hot oil for 10-20 seconds. Remove and drain the prawns well.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of oil in the wok and sauté garlic, ginger, bird's eye chillies and spring onion till fragrant.
- Return prawns to the wok and add in seasoning to mix. Toss and fry until gravy is reduced. Dish up and serve immediately.