- Bring a saucepan of water with half a teaspoon of salt, sugar and a pinch of bicarbonate of soda and 1 teaspoon of oil to a boil. Put in carrot and sweet snow peas.
- Boil for 30 seconds. Remove and immerse in cold water for 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- Blanch lotus root separately in a saucepan of boiling water, with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar added to it, for 1 minute.
- Remove and immerse in cold water for 4-5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a wok and lightly brown cuttlefish shreds until crispy. Drain and set aside. Remove oil, leaving only one tablespoon in the wok. Add in garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add in all the blanched vegetables and combined sauce ingredients. Return the pre-fried cuttlefish to the wok.
- Toss briefly until sauce is well combined. Dish out and serve immediately.
You may also like