Ingredients is not available.
- Fill a large stockpot with water and add a good sprinkling of salt. Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a rapid boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and then the butter. When the butter has melted, add the onions and sauté, stirring continuously, until they turn translucent, but have not yet begun to brown, about 1 minute.
- Scatter in the prosciutto strips and cook 1 more minute, stirring continuously to keep the strips separate. Add the cream and bring it to a simmer. Continue simmering, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until the sauce is just thick enough to lightly coat the back of the spoon, 1 to 2 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with a little salt, if necessary, and black pepper. Stir in the peas, remove the pan from the heat, and set it aside.
- Add the egg and spinach fettuccine to the stockpot of boiling water and cook until al dente, tender but still slightly chewy, following the suggested cooking time on the manufacturer´s label. Return the sauté pan of sauce to medium heat. Drain the pasta and immediately add it to the sauce. Toss well to coat the pasta thoroughly with the sauce.
- Serve immediately in heated shallow pasta bowls, sprinkling each serving with Parmesan cheese and a generous grinding of black pepper.