Complete your Raya spread with this delectable Striped Pudding. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 100g chocolate (melted)
- 500ml water
- 1 packet agar-agar strips (soaked)
- 200g sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 200ml evaporated milk
- 100ml santan sawit (thick)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- yellow food colour
- Place the melted chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring the water to a rolling boil then add drained agar-agar strips; stir until fully dissolved. Add sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix corn flour with eggs, milk and santan. Temper the corn flour mixture with a few scoops of hot agar-agar mixture and incorporate well. Lower the heat then stir in the corn flour mixture into the pot until it thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla essence.
- Pour half the mixture into the bowl of chocolate and mix well. Stir in a few drops of food colour into the pot. In a square 9” tray, ladle in the slightly cooled mixtures, alternating between yellow and chocolate layers.
- Leave to cool and set in the fridge for 2 hours. Unmould and cut to serve.