- Line a 22cm square cake tin with greased baking paper.
- Fry semolina in a dry wok for 8-10 minutes. Dish out and leave to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add semolina and continue to beat until well mixed. Add essences, salt and brandy. Add egg yolks, two at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff. Add to creamed mixture and fold in sifted flour to mix.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven at 170°C for one hour or until golden brown and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
You may also like