- Line a 21cm square cake tin with greased baking paper.
- Beat butter (A) for 10 minutes, add suji and continue beating for another 10 minutes. Leave the mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cream butter (B), sugar and ingredients (C) until creamy. Add egg yolks, two at a time, creaming well after each addition until mixture turns light and smooth. Add in suji mixture (A) to mix.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add in sugar. Continue to whisk until just stiff. Fold meringue (beaten egg white) into the suji and egg yolk mixture.
- Combine sifted flour with ground almonds and candied melon and stir into the suji mixture until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 50-55 minutes or until done when tested with a wooden skewer.
- Allow the cake to cool. Cut cake into half. Use a heart-shaped cutter to cut into slices. Stack up and serve when required.
You may also like