This recipe is best with
- 100g sultanas
- 30g slivered almonds
- 30g self-raising flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 135g castor sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp UHT milk
- 120g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1½ tsp baking powder, sifted
- Grease the sides and base of an 18cm square or round cake pan and line base with parchment paper.
- Combine sultanas with the self-raising flour. Toss well, then add in the slivered almonds.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients with the salt. Stir in milk to mix, followed by the floured sultanas and almond mixture.
- Turn out mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for about 1¼-1½ hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.