Lamb ribs and meaty pork ribs make a delicious meal for meat lovers. You will be amazed at how easy it is to prepare spareribs with a succulent tender taste.To achieve this, it is best to braise or stew the ribs until well done. Then, just wait for the compliments when you serve the dish!
- 800g pork spareribs, cut into 6cm lengths
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Seasoning (A)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Sauce (B)
- 350g tomatoes, chopped and pureed
- 60g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 2 tbsp potato flour
- 3 tbsp water
- Blanch spareribs in boiling water for a minute. Remove and rinse well.
- Marinate spareribs with seasoning (A) for 10-15 minutes. Arrange spareribs on a heatproof plate and steam for 20 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Add combined sauce ingredients and cook to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in spareribs and the steaming liquid stock. Continue to simmer and braise for 1 hour or until meat is tender and sauce is reduced. Dish out spareribs and arrange on a serving dish.
- Thicken the gravy with potato flour mixture. Spoon gravy or sauce over the pork ribs and serve hot.