- 200g orange-coloured sweet potatoes, cubed
- 200ml coconut milk
- 20g agar-agar powder
- 150g sugar
- 750ml water
- A pinch of salt
- 2 pandan leaves, knotted
- Steam sweet potatoes until soft. Mash the cooked potatoes and coconut milk in a blender. Strain mixture through a fine sieve.
- Combine agar-agar powder, sugar, water and pandan leaves in a saucepan and bring to a boil until agar-agar dissolves.
- Stir in pureed sweet potato and coconut mixture and continue to boil over a gentle low heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pour the jelly mixture into a wet tray. Leave aside to set then chill well before cutting into desired shapes.