- 350g fresh sea coconut
- 2 tbsp sweet almonds washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp bitter almonds
- 125g rock sugar
- 12 red dates, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp kei chi
- 1.3 litres water
- 2 pandan leaves, knotted
- Peel the sea coconut, wash, then cut into thick slices.
- Combine the sea coconut, sweet and bitter almonds and rock sugar in a slow cooker. Stew over low heat for 2 hours.
- Add red dates, kei chi and pandan leaves and continue to stew for an extra 30 minutes.
- Remove the pandan leaves and serve the sweet soup immediately.