- 400g 400g chicken whole leg
- 1 1/2tbsp chilli paste
- 1 1/2tbsp cumin (jintan putih)
- 2tbsp curry powder
- B (pounded):
- 5 shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5cm piece cinnamon stick (kayu manis)
- 1 star anise (bunga lawang)
- 1 stalk curry leaf (daun karupillay)
- 1/2cup cup santan
- salt to taste
- A dash of monosodium glutamate
- Heat oil and fry (B). Add in (C) and fry till fragrant. Mix in (A) and stir-fry well. Pour in santan and bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces and simmer till sauce is thick.
- Remove chicken and place over a grill. Grill chicken till meat is cooked. Turn the chicken pieces over to grill evenly on both sides.