Prepare Main Ingredients
- Slice the shallots, chop the dried shrimp, and cut the taro into taro cubes.
Prepare the Batter
- Mix all the dry ingredients with 2500ml of water, then mix well.
To Make the Taro Cake
- Heat the wok with 4 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Fry the shallot slices until golden brown, scoop it up, and set aside. Keep 1 tsp of shallot oil aside to be used before serving.
- In the same wok, saute the dried shrimp until fragrant. Then add in the taro cubes and all the seasoning and continue stir fry for 1 - 2 mins.
- Turn to low heat, pour in the batter, and continue stir fry until most of the water evaporated and the mixture becomes sticky.
- Pour the taro cake mixture into a container and flatten the surface with a spoon or spatula.
- Put the taro cake into a steamer with high heat for 50 minutes.
- Before serving, brush some shallot oil from the beginning onto the surface, and sprinkle some fried shallots.
- You could garnish the taro cake with diced chilies and green onions too.
You may also like