- Scrub and boil the potatoes, with enough water to cover, until cooked through. Set aside to drain and cool slightly. Peel and slice (about l cm thick).
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. When oil starts to smoke, add bacon or pastrami and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, turning, over high heat until golden brown.
- Add garlic, stir and remove from heat. Transfer to ovenproof dish and top with slices of Reblochon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. If you prefer, bake longer until browned. To serve as a main course, double the quantities.
You may also like