- 1.5 kg crabs (4-5 mud crabs)
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 4cm lengths
- 4 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
- 1 tbsp kei chi
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 100ml fresh chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander and red chilli
- Chop crabs into halves and clean well
- Place spring onion on a heatproof dish and arrange crab pieces over. Spread ginger shreds on top and pour the combined seasoning over. Steam for about 7-8 minutes. Open the wok and add wine and both oil over.
- Continue to steam for 2-3 minutes further or until crabs are just cooked through. Remove and add garnishing before serving.