Ingredients is not available.
- Line the inside of the wok with a double layer of foil so that it comes about 8cm up the sides of the pan. Spread smoking mixture in base of wok.
- Grease baking rack and set on top of the mixture.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels, then rub with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper on all sides. Place, skin side down, on the rack.
- Place lid on the wok and crimp the excess foil around it tightly.
- Turn the heat to high. When smoke appears (it takes about 3 minutes), turn heat down to low and smoke for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
- Then turn off the heat and leave undisturbed for 5 mins.
- Open the lid outdoors if possible as there will be residual smoke.