- Place chicken pieces on a heatproof plate. Insert spring onion and ginger under the chicken pieces. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Put 2 litres cold water in a deep pot and add 1 tbsp salt. Stir to dissolve the salt.
- Remove chicken from the plate (retain the juices that have collected in the plate for use later) and immerse into the cold salted water. Steep until the chicken is cool.
- Pour cooking wine into a pot. Add 2 tbsp salt and fresh chicken stock. Cook the wine sauce until it comes to a quick boil.
- Put the chicken into the wine sauce together with the reserved juices, cover and leave aside to allow the chicken to absorb the flavour of the wine for at least 6-7 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove chicken and chop into bite-size pieces. Serve chicken with the wine sauce as an accompanying soup.
You may also like