- Squeeze out thick coconut milk from the grated coconut without adding water. Set the milk aside.
- Combine rice and green bean flour in a mixing bowl. Add fresh coconut juice gradually and mix into a smooth batter. Set aside the batter to leaven for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and toddy to the rice flour batter. Put aside, covered with a damp tea towel for 3½4 hours to leaven again.
- Add thick coconut milk to the leavened batter and set aside for another two hours.
- Add colouring to the batter and stir well to mix. Pour the batter into a tray. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 1520 minutes. Remove and leave aside to cool before cutting.
You may also like