- Push a bamboo stick into the core of each apple and leave aside.
- Heat water, sugar, vinegar and golden syrup in a heavy-based pan over a gentle low heat until
- sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for 45 minutes without stirring, until a little
- mixture forms a hard ball when dropped into cold water. At this stage, brush the sides of the pan
- with a wet brush to prevent crystals forming during cooking.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and dip immediately into a basin of cold water. Tilt the
- saucepan slightly, then dip the apples one at a time into the toffee. Remove and twist over
- the pan once or twice until apple is evenly coated. Place the toffee apples on a piece of parchment paper until the toffee hardens.
You may also like