This Tom Yam Prawn Pizza with Pineapple made using the new range of Mission Pizza Crusts is a balance of sweet and spicy that’s sure to appeal to food lovers.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Mission Foods.
- 3pcs plain pizza crust
- 400 g prawns or 12 pcs, shells removed
- 200ml tomato sauce (Recipe as per below. Can be store bought)
- 1tbsp tom yam paste (Recipe as per below. Can be store bought)
- 150g pineapple rings, canned or fresh slices, cut into 3cm cubes
- 30g Thai basil leaves
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Tomato sauce:
- 1cup tomatoes, peeld and chopped
- 1tbsp olive oilk
- A pinch ground oregano
- A pinch salt to taste
- Tom yam paste:
- 1tbsp vegetable paste
- 1large red onion, finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1in galangal, finely chopped
- 1in ginger, finely chopped
- 125g chilli paste (soaked, deseeded and blended dry chilies)*
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1stalk lemongrass, white parts only, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 10g shrimp paste (or more to taste)
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 50g tamarind pulp, soaked in ½ cup (50g) water
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- Put peeled tomatoes in a strainer and remove some of the excess water.
- Then place strained tomatoes into a food processor, add a pinch of salt, a pinch of oregano and if you like, a spoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil and then add in the onions, garlic, galangal, and ginger. Sauté until softened and slightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside, leaving the remaining oils in the pan.
- In the same pan, add the chilli paste, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, coriander, shrimp paste, fish sauce, tamarind water, and brown sugar. Cook until the mixture slightly thickens before adding the other fried ingredients into the chilli mixture.
- Continue frying until the paste is thick and the oil starts to separate from chilli and surfaces.
- Set aside to cool down before sealing them in jars/cans.
- Warm up the oil in the pan. Cook the prawns for about 1 minute, and season with salt.
- Add in 1 tbsp tom yam paste (or more if you like it spicy) into the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Place plain pizza crust on a baking tray. Spread tomato sauce that was mixed with tom yam paste evenly over the surface of the pizza crust.
- Generously sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the pizza crust. Then add prawns and pineapple cubes.
- Bake the pizza in the oven (180°C) for approximately 5 minutes or until the mozzarella melts.
- Remove pizza from oven, cut the pizza into slices and garnish with Thai basil leaves.