- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 60 g cabbage shredded
- 50 g carrot,diced
- 5 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 700 ml fresh chicken stock
- Mixed with 1-2 tbsp water to form a paste
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Dash of salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- A good dash of freshly cracked ground black pepper
- Put butter in a heated, deep saucepan, add in bay leaf and onion and fry for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant and onion turns soft.
- Add in button mushrooms, carrot, tomato and tomato sauce. Continue to fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add fresh chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes then add in cabbage and cook for an extra 1 minute. Mix in flour paste and stir vigorously to thicken the soup. Season to taste.