Ingredients is not available.
- Day 1 : Starter Dough A
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic container and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave aside for one full day to prove.
- Day 2 : Starter Dough B
- Sift plain flour into a mixing bowl. Add in starter dough (A) to mix. Gradually pour in water and mix into a dough again. Remove into a plastic container and cover with a clean piece of damp tea towel. Leave aside at room temperature to prove for a full day.
- Day 3
- Combine ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl. Mix well together until sugar has dissolved. Gradually add in ingredients (B). Mix well, then knead lightly into a smooth and pliable dough. Cover with a clean damp tea towel and leave aside for 1015 minutes.
- The proved dough is ready.
- Heat oil and sesame oil in a wok, and fry shallots and garlic. Use a slotted spoon to remove the lightly golden crispy shallots and garlic. Leave the remaining oil in the wok. Add in chicken meat and fry for 34 minutes. Stir in combined seasoning. Toss well until meat is cooked and gravy is thick and sticky. Sprinkle in sesame seeds to mix. Dish out filling ingredients to cool completely.
- To make the pau: Divide the final dough into small portions of 4045g each. Roll each piece of dough into a round shape and flatten it. Put in a heaped tablespoon of filling. Gather up the edge and pleat to seal the pau. Twist and pinch off any excess dough at the last pleat. Place the pau on a small piece of greaseproof paper with the enclosed filling facing upwards.
- Repeat to make more paus. Arrange several prepared pau on a bamboo steamer. Steam over rapid boiling water for 10 minutes or until the pau is cooked and opens up slightly.