This recipe is best with
- 300ml tuak (rice wine)
- 1/2 litre fresh milk
- 1/2 litre whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 250g sugar
- 50g gelatine sheets, soaked in water to soften
- In a saucepan, bring the tuak, fresh milk and whipping cream to a boil.
- Add the softened gelatine to the saucepan and cook until all the gelatine has melted.
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar in a bowl and then add the gelatine mixture slowly.
- Return to the stove and cook, stirring well, until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into mould and cool at room temperature until slightly set.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.