Joyce Siow’s Tumeric chicken recipe, an Asian delight full with spices and aroma.
This recipe by Joyce Siow is one of four recipes published on Star2.com.
- 1 whole chicken (chopped into pieces)
- [For pounding / blending together]:
- 200g fresh turmeric
- 150g shallots
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 tbsp white peppercorn
- 1 piece cili padi (optional)
- [For marinating]:
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- [For cooking]:
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3-4 pandan (screwpine) leaves (cut into 4 peices)
- ½ cup water
- In a pestle and mortar or blender, blend all the ingredients for blending/pounding together until it forms a paste.
- Marinate the chicken with soya sauce and salt.
- In a large wok, heat up the oil and stir-fry the blended paste until it smells aromatic. Add the marinated chicken and pandan leaves and stir well. Add water, cover with a lid and cook on low heat until the chicken is cooked. You can add more water if you want the dish to have more gravy.