- Line the base of a 20cm tray with banana leaf. Lightly grease with canola oil.
- Rinse sago and soak for at least 3 hours. Add 1-2 drops green food colouring. Drain and combine with sugar. Set aside.
- Combine grated tapioca, sugar, salt, egg and coconut milk to mix. Spread mixture onto the prepared baking tray. Steam for 40 minutes until set.
- Pour sago mixture over the tapioca layer. Place pandan leaves over it and steam for 20 minutes. Remove the pandan leaves.
- Remove kuih from the steamer and leave aside to cool completely.
- Cut the kuih into slices and serve.
You may also like