This recipe is best with
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 150g butter
- 140g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp chestnuts
- 2 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g dried orange rind
- Place sliced oranges and sugar in a nonstick pan. Simmer gently until sugar dissolves and orange turns soft and is caramelised.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with a little butter. Arrange orange slices over the base. Leave to set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add Cointreau, then beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour and orange juice followed by yoghurt. Stir in dried cranberries and orange rind.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Leave to cool in the tin before inverting onto a wire rack.