- 375g black gram dhal
- 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 ½ tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp meat curry powder
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk curry leaves (use leaves only) chopped
- Soak dhal for 2 - 3 hours. Drain and blend two-thirds into a paste in an electric food processor. Leave the one-third portion aside.
- Combine the ground paste with the unground portion. Add in flour, rice flour, salt and sugar, curry powder, onion, green chilli and curry leaves. Mix well into a dough.
- Take a small portion and shape into balls. Flatten them into patties and deep-fry in hot oil until crispy and golden.