Check out this vegetable cutlet recipe, It’s amazing how much flavour you can pack into these bite-size treats made of legumes and potatoes.
- 1 cup black-eyed beans (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup channa dhal (soaked overnight)
- 1 Russet potato - peeled, sliced and lightly fried.
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, skinned and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 fresh chillies, chopped
- 1 cili padi, deseeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon meat curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- Another option to replace black-eyed beans is chickpeas, which should be boiled until soft skin removed.
- Drain beans and dhal and set aside.
- Peel and slice potatoes and fry until light golden. Allow to cool.
- Add chopped vegetables, beans and dhal into a food processor and blitz until grainy. Remove from food processor.
- Add in cooled potatoes and blitz until smooth. Remove from food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined. Add in the seasonings and mix again.
- Add in egg and combine until well mixed.
- Form cutlets with hands and deep fry.