- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium onions, diced small
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 4 carrots pared and diced small
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced small
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 litres chicken stock,heated
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 125g small shell noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, celery and herbes de Provence; season well. Cover and cook 15 mins over low heat.
- Stir in carrots, turnips, thyme and basil; season to taste. Mix well, cover and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock, bay leaves and tomato puree. Mix and bring to boil.
- Add noodles and cook, partly covered, 15minsover medium-high heat. Serve hot.