- 200g vegetarian chicken
- 4 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and halved
- 30g ginger, shredded
- 2 tbsp good quality sesame oil
- 400ml water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- 100ml ginger wine
- Sauté ginger in sesame oil until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and vegetarian chicken. Fry until aromatic, then add light soy sauce, pepper, sugar and ginger wine.
- Bring to a quick boil. Pour in water. Reduce the heat, cover the wok and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand for an extra 10 minutes. Serve hot.