- Cut yam into 1 cm thick round slices. Trim one side of the round into a neat piece.
- Lightly marinate vegetarian chicken slices with light soya sauce and pepper and leave aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Deep-fry yam slices until lightly browned. Drain from oil.
- With the remaining oil deep-fry the marinated vegetarian chicken pieces until lightly golden.
- Arrange the vegetarian chicken pieces, alternately with the yam, to fill a heatproof dish. Pour the combined sauce ingredients evenly over.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for 40-45 minutes. Serve immediately.
You may also like