Ingredients is not available.
- To prepare rice, soak overnight with 1 tsp salt. Drain well and mix with red beans and (A).
- To prepare filling, heat oil in a wok and stir-fry chopped garlic and shallots till light brown and fragrant. Add choy poh, mushrooms, mui choy and stir-fry 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat. Add (B), mix, and fry until gravy dries. Dish out and set aside.
- To wrap chung, take two cleaned bamboo leaves and fold at the centre to form a cone. Line cone with 2 tbsp glutinous rice and red beans mixture. Next, put in one heaped tablespoon of filling and another 2 tbsp rice mixture.
- Fold bamboo leaf over to form a pyramid shape. Tie tightly with a length of hemp string. These chung or dumplings are usually tied in bunches of 8-10.
- Immerse chung in rapidly boiling water for 22½ hours or pressure cook for 40-45 minutes. Add 2 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp sugar to the boiling water. After they´re cooked, hang dumplings for 1/2-1 hour for them to dry.