- Water dough: Place flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in shortening and add in the water gradually. Knead into a smooth dough. Leave aside to rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 24 equal portions.
- Oil dough: Rub shortening or margarine into the flour to form an oily dough. Leave aside to rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 24 equal portions.
- Making the pastry: Wrap oil dough inside water dough. Flatten the dough and roll up to get a cylindrical shape. Repeat the process.
- Cut rolled dough into two. Place cylindrical dough face up so that you see the circular pattern. Use a rolling pin to flatten it.
- Shape into a circle. Add one tablespoon of filling and seal the sides. Pinch the edges to form a scallop design. Deep-fry puffs in medium hot oil.
- Filling: Heat pan with two tbsp oil. Fry all the ingredients till fragrant. Add one to two tbsp water and fry till dry. Leave aside to cool.
You may also like