- Slice brinjals, oil them and grill them on the stove with a wire rack or hot plate. If this method is not possible, then shallow fry them and drain.
- Place brinjal in a bowl and mash them. You can remove or leave the skin on. I like the chargrilled flavour.
- Roast fennel and cumin over very low heat and crush then coarsely and add to the brinjal mash. To this add the diced onions, chilli ,ginger, curry leaf,lime juice and salt.
- Mix throughly, and serve with a sprinkle of chilli powder with coriancer leaf as garnish.
- Note: You can add yogurt to this recipe to create your favourite dip for nachos, papadams and chips.
You may also like