An experienced cook of over 50 years, Makcik Salmiah Isa was the private cook for the late Tunku Abdul Rahman. Makcik Salmiah shares with us a repertoire of recipes she has accumulated over the years that has touched many hearts and warmed many bellies!
With great pleasure, we share with you the seventh recipe – ‘Tauhu Jepun’ – from a series of 12 featuring our Trusted Brand partner, Salam Sauces.
- 4 rows Japanese Tofu, cut into 6 each & coat with cornstarch powder
- 1tsp Cornstarch Powder
- 300g Baby Bok Choy, steamed/boiled
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Onions, minced
- 6 tbsp Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram
- Sauce Thickening Agent
- 1tsp Cornstarch
- ½ cup Water
- Heat up a pan of oil to deep fry the tofu until golden brown. Set aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan, stir fry garlic and red onions until aromatic.
- Add in Oyster sauce and continue stirring. Pour in the cornstarch solution & bring to a soft boil.
- Stir in beaten eggs gradually into the sauce mixture & bring to a boil.
- Add back the tofu & serve it on a plate with baby bok choy on the side.