To make short crust pastry, follow this recipe.
This recipe is best with
- Short crust pastry
- 2 large onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 50gm butter
- 300gm spinach cooked and thoroughly drained and squeezed.
- 3 tomatoes, sliced in rings
- 150gm-grated cheddar
- 0.5 lit milk
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Using a detachable flan based tin, line the flan tin with the short crust pastry.
- Place the butter in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till brown. Pour on to the base of the pastry.
- Cover the onions with the cooked spinach.
- Place the tomato rings over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the tomatoes.
- In a separate basin, mix the milk with the eggs, seasoning and mixed herbs.
- Pour this mixture over the ingredients but not allowing it to spill over the side of the pastry.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 mins or till brown.
- Remove the flan from the flan tin and serve.
- Quiches can be served hot or chilled.