- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pot. Add the leeks and sauté for 5 minutes without letting it change colour.
- Add the US Yukon Gold/Red/Blue Purple potatoes and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 35 minutes until leeks and potatoes are very soft. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- Slowly and per small batches, puree the soup at high speed in the blender.
- Return soup into the cooking pot, add cream and nutmeg, whisk well, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and chill over an ice bath stirring occasionally. When the soup gets cold, wrap with plastic wrap and put in the chiller.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve in chilled glass or bowl.
- REMARK: In order to create a difference in colour, add saffron for US Yukon Gold when simmering/ carrot juice for US red potato and keep the natural purple colour of the US Blue Purple potato.
You may also like