- 600g medium-sized prawns
- 2 stalks lemon grass (serai), thinly sliced
- 5 cilipadi, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp tom yam paste
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Sesame oil
- Season prawns with a pinch of salt, sugar and monosodium glutamate; toss in cornflour.
- Deep-fry marinated prawns in hot oil until crispy. Heat wok with oil and saute (A). Add in seasoning ingredients and saute till fragrant.
- Mix in prawns and stir-fry well. Lastly, add two drops sesame oil. Dish out and serve.