This recipe is best with
- 210g dark chocolate
- 320g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 210g light brown caster sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 vanilla pod or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 50g potato flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Lightly butter a 20x20cm (8x8) square cake tray.
- Place the dark chocolate in a metal or heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove when the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool.
- When the chocolate has cooled but is still liquid, beat in the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the mixture or add the vanilla extract. Mix well and add the salt.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate and mix well to a glossy and smooth consistency.
- Mix the two types of flours and chopped nuts.
- old the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula until well incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake tray to a 2cm height. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the brownie comes out with some moist crumbs attached. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- At this stage, you can glaze the brownie, or simply turn out, dust with cocoa powder and cut into squares.
- To glaze, melt the dark chocolate over simmering water. Remove and cool slightly before pouring over the cooled brownie. Dust the top with cocoa powder and cut into squares or fingers.