- 20g white fungus
- 15 fresh lotus seeds
- 15 ginkgo nuts
- 5 red dates (stoned)
- 150g unripe Hawaiian papaya
- 150g rock sugar
- 1.5litres water
- 2 pandan leaves,(shredded and knotted)
- Soak white fungus for 5-10 minutes. Trim the stems and tear into small florets. Discard the hard centre. Rinse fungus briefly and drain. Cut papaya into cubes.
- Bring water to a boil. Add white fungus, lotus seeds, ginkgo nuts, dates and rock sugar. Cook for 30-35 minutes over low heat.
- Add papaya and pandan leaves and continue to boil for 10-15 minutes. Dish out and serve immediately. It can be served either hot or cold.