- 1-1.5 kg whole winter melon, top cut off, washed
- 3cm piece ginger, bruised 4 black mushrooms
- 5g canned straw mushrooms
- 100g chicken breast meat, diced
- 20g dried cuttlefish, washed and cut into 1cm strips
- 10g lotus seeds, soaked in warm water for 1 hour, drained
- 2g red dates, washed
- 50g bamboo fungus, soaked in warm water
- 6 jasmine flower petals washed
- 750ml superior chicken stock salt, to taste
- Scoop the flesh out of the melon, leaving approximately 2.5cm (1) of flesh all round the rind
- Place all the ingredients into the melon shell.
- Pour in the superior chicken stock. Season with salt to taste.
- Cover the top of the melon with aluminium foil and steam the whole melon for two hours.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like