This recipe is best with
- 2 cups cooked and chilled black grain rice
- 2 eggs
- 60 gm Fish cake, shrimps or chicken meat (cut to ¼ ”cubes)
- 150 gm Australian Carrots (cut to ¼ “cubes)
- 150 gm French beans (cut ¼ “thick)
- 1 big onion freshly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic Freshly chopped
- 2 inches old ginger Freshly chopped
- Soy sauce to taste.
- Oyster sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil (Rice bran Oil is my preferred choice)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Toasted almond slices
- Fresh mint (Australian Mint is my preferred choice)
- In a wok, heat up 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Put into wok chopped ginger, garlic and onions stir fry until fragrant
- Add in and stir fry fish cake/prawns or chicken
- Add in Carrot and French beans stir fry
- Add in 3 tablespoons of water & cover for2 minutes
- Add in black grain rice and stir fry for 5 mins
- In the center of the wok add in 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil, break 2 eggs onto the oil, and fry.
- Add in butter and continue to fry rice till butter is evenly spread into the rice.
- Dish out on to serving plate
- Garnish with mint and toasted almond slices and serve.