- 1 kampung or free range chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 70g mature ginger, shredded
- 50g black fungus, soaked and shredded
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns
- 600ml yellow wine (wong chow)
- 100ml fresh chicken stock
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- ¾-1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Blanch chicken pieces in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Remove and rinse well to remove any impurities. Drain and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil and fry ginger until aromatic. Add the chicken, black fungus and peppercorns. Pour in wine and chicken stock. Bring to a simmering boil. Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve hot.