- Shredded yam is mixed into a batter of wheat flour and corn flour.
- Flavour the batter with five-spice powder and springs of coriander leaves. The batter should just coat the yam strands instead of drowning them in a watery mix.
- Then, lift the coated yam strands onto a spoon, arrange in a circle and dunk into hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Put the deep-fried yam on kitchen towels to drain the excess oil before keeping in tin lined with grease-proof paper.
- These taste as good as fish crackers when dipped in chilli sauce.
You may also like