- 500 to 600g Spanish mackerel (ikan tenggiri); flake and keep bones and skin for stock
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 4 tbsp ice water
- 1 block beancurd, halved
- 1 bittergourd (seeds removed), cut into 2cm thick rings
- 4 red chillies, slit down the middle and seeds removed
- 5 ladies´ fingers, slit down the middle and seeds removed
- 5 small fried beancurd (tau fu pok), halved
- Mince fish. Add salt, pepper, water and tapioca flour. Stir in one direction to get a sticky paste with a springy texture.
- Stuff the paste into the vegetables, beancurd and tau fu pok. These stuffed vegetables can be used for the yong tau foo soup.