Ingredients is not available.
- Cut tofu into thick round slices with a cutter. Use a teaspoon and scoop out a small portion or hole in the centre of each piece of beancurd. Gently and carefully sprinkle seasoning on top of the tofu.
- Put the prawns into a blender, add seasoning and whiz into a paste. Add ingredients (a) and mix well to blend. Divide into small portions or balls. Dip each portion into cornflour or tapioca flour and place in the centre of the beancurd.
- Steam beancurd for 8 to 10 minutes or till prawns are cooked. Carefully and gently remove steamed beancurd onto a serving platter.
- Heat wok with both oil and sesame oil until hot. Fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add cooking wine (optional) and stir briskly.
- Add gravy ingredients and stir well until combined. Add thickening, then pour sauce over steamed tofu. Add garnishing and serve immediately.