Kimchi Fried Rice (Kim Chi Boek Geum Bap)
4 eggs (scrambled in a little oil)
2tbsp sesame oil
1tbsp cooking oil
1/2 large yellow onion – diced to 1/2cm dimensions
1/3 cup carrot – diced to 1/2cm
1cup ground beef (marinated with pepper and 1tsp light soy sauce)(optional)
1cup shrimp – diced
8pcs crabstick – diced
1 cup kimchi – cut to 1cm sizes
4cups cooked rice
1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat both sesame oil and cooking oil in a non-stick wok
2. Sauteed onion and carrot till soft but not brown.
3. Throw in ground beef, shrimp and crab stick to stir fry for about 1/2 min.
4. Add kimchi and continue to stir fry till juice almost dried up.
5. Add in rice and toss till well mixed. Add scrambled eggs.
6.Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Lastly add sesame seed.